Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 

Das deutschsprachige Frank-Sinatra-Forum

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 41 Antworten
und wurde 3.802 mal aufgerufen
 Frank-Sinatra-Forum
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
dino buddy Offline

Reprise Gold

14.07.2006 17:15
#31 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Hallo Bernhard,

lass dir Zeit.Es wahr bloß eine kleine Anregung

Alex
You make me feel so young

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

14.07.2006 17:41
#32 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten
Frank Sinatra: Duette mit Bill Miller, Klavier

Im Laufe ihrer viereinhalb Jahrzehnte währenden Zusammenarbeit hat Bill Miller Frank Sinatra auf vielen hundert Studioaufnahmen und bei zahllosen Radio-, Fernseh- und Konzertauftritten begleitet. Immer wieder gab es dabei auch Duette der beiden. Die folgende Liste enthält Lieder, die die beiden als Duett von Gesang und Klavier mindestens einmal, manchmal viele Male, gemeinsam vorgetragen haben. Stücke mit ausgedehnten Duett-Teilen, in denen auch Orchester mitspielt, sind NICHT berücksichtigt. Von allen genannten Songs existieren Aufnahmen.

All The Way
And The Band Played On
Angel Eyes
As Time Goes By
Autumn In New York
Blue Moon
Can’t We Be Friends
Come Rain Or Come Shine
Embraceable You
Empty Tables
Everything Happens To Me
From Here To Eternity
Hundred Years From Today
I’ll Never Smile Again
I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
I’ve Got A Crush On You
It Never Entered My Mind
Lady Is A Tramp/But Beautiful (Parodie-Medley)
Lady Is A Tramp-The Gentleman Is A Champ (Parodie)
Laura
Love Is Here To Stay
Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Most Blues
My Funny Valentine
Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
Night And Day
Ol’Man River
One For My Baby
Send In The Clowns
September Song
She’s Funny That Way
Silent Night
Someone To Watch Over Me
Tender Trap
There’s A Flaw In My Flue
This Love Of Mine
Try A Little Tenderness
Where Or When
You Go To My Head
You’d Be So Nice To Come Home To

(Liste wird noch vervollständigt.)

Bernhard.

-----
"Alte Wege, die wir wandern, werden neue Wege sein,
unser Denkmal ist den andern dann ein Kilometerstein"

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998
THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER YOU

http://www.deutsche-sinatra-society.de
My Kind Of People!
-----

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

14.07.2006 20:10
#33 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten
Ein paar Zitate zum Nachlesen und Nachdenken.

All in all, I’ve had a varied career, and I’ve no complaints. I’m part of something musical, and I like it—what else could I ask for? As well as an employer, Frank is a good friend. As a person, he’s complex sometimes, but then we all are, aren’t we? There’ve been times when I’ve been angry with him, and times when he’s been angry with me. There are also the majority of times, when he’s just great. I respect him, and as a general statement, I just have to say that I like him as a human being—because he is that.
Most definitely, I think the Sinatra era will be looked back on as a very important one. His career speaks for itself as to his great contribution to music. And his albums speak for themselves most eloquently; I won’t say they were all gems, but most of them were. The same goes for his live performances. I hope and believe that he has a lot more yet to say.

--- Bill Miller über sich und Sinatra, Mai 1975.

When it’s a completely new song, I always run it down for him, and rehearse it with him. He’s a very fast learner; unless it’s a really unusual song, constructed in a strange way then it may take a little longer.
He does read just a little [music]. He can pick out certain notes, which he does on the piano, too. Singly, he knows where every note is; he can differentiate A flat from E flat, etc. But reading [music] per se: No [he can't.] I would say he has quite an above–average ear.
Frank is one of the few singers I know who hardly ever sings out of tune. Very rarely. And then only perhaps one little note; maybe it’s one of those tough songs, let’s say, where he has had a problem. After twelve takes, there’s not much left, so you settle for the best of the lot, you see. Otherwise we’d have to come back and do it again which we’ve done and the same thing might occur. As I say, that’s a very rare occasion.

--- Bill Miller über Sinatras Musikalität, Mai 1970.

Of course, I disagree totally with the critics who say he is “past it”!
When recorded evidence to the contrary exists, each album better than the one before, I just don’t know how they can say that. He sounds great on the live performances, too. I mean, I don’t say he might not have a night where he’ll have a little problem with his voice—but that’s just a temporary thing. The live show is, the test, where he works at least forty–five minutes; on some of the concerts, he’s been doing up to an hour and fifteen minutes. Holds up beautifully!
And he has certainly not left out any difficult material. As I said, he’s taken down one or two of the rangey songs. I mean, he can still hit the Es and the Fs—but there weren’t that many of them, anyway. What’s the difference, whether he hits an F or an E flat? As to whether he’s more of a jazz singer now—that expression always bothers me. Is there such a thing? Oh sure, he’s good at bending the melody, and injecting a jazz feel into a song. But being such a fine ballad singer, he does more or less concentrate on the ballads. And rightly so; his forte, of course, is ballads. On the swinging things, perhaps he does swing more now than he used to.

--- Bill Miller über die Kritik an Sinatras Comeback, Mai 1975.

As for my spare time, music plays quite a part in that. I like to go out and listen to music; I play my records, of course. I have all of Frank’s, and I listen back to them at times. I listen to classical music as well as jazz; I’m on a Rachmaninov kick right now, particularly some of the piano things. In the jazz field, I like some of the present–day groups, using electric piano, very much, but I must say my heart is in the period of twenty or so years back. Does that mean I’m getting old? I hope not. I mean, I like all kinds of music, when it’s good, but it’s just that I seem to go back to the Basie sound...
--- Bill Miller über seinen Musikgeschmack, Mai 1975.

Okay, fly me to the moon...
--- Bill Miller zu Frank Sinatra junior auf dem Weg in den Operationssaal, 8. Juli 2006.

-----

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998

My Kind Of People!
-----

KatharinaH Offline

Columbia Platin

14.07.2006 21:25
#34 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Es ist schon merkwürdig. Ich kaufe mir im Urlaub 'ne CD mit Bill Miller und jetzt erfahr ich, dass er da bereits tot war...

Er hat Frank über vierzig Jahre lang begleitet. Jetzt haben sie sich wieder.
Frankly,
Katha
to think about destruction.
Rod McKuen about Frank Sinatra

ring-a-ding-ding@gmx.de

Capitol Offline

Capitol Junior

15.07.2006 01:20
#35 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Okay, fly me to the moon...
--- Bill Miller zu Frank Sinatra junior auf dem Weg in den Operationssaal, 8. Juli 2006.

... hat mich sehr getroffen...
-----------------------------

Do you love me, just like I love you?
Are you my life to be, that dream come true?
Or will this dream of mine, will it fade way out of sight
Just like that moon growing dim, way out on the rim of the hill
In the still of the night

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

15.07.2006 02:18
#36 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten
Mich auch, Thilo - der Satz "schneidet wie ein Messer", wie's auf Englisch so schön heißt...
Sinatra junior hat die Sache Army Archerd berichtet, einem Kolumnisten, der 1953-2005 regelmäßig in der US-Zeitschrift "Variety" über Hollywood, Musik & co. schrieb (heute nur noch aus besonderen Anlässen) und dem auch FS senior "vertraute" bzw. mal Interviews gab.

Sinatra jr.: He [Bill Miller] was sharp as a tack until the moment he died. When he was being wheeled into the operating room he said, "‘K, Fly Me to the Moon." This is a very dark hour for us all. We cried together.

Wir weinen mit.

Bernhard.

-----

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998

My Kind Of People!
-----

Malaika Offline

Columbia Silber

15.07.2006 08:25
#37 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Oh nein!
Habs grade eben erst erfahren, hier am Ende der Welt bekommt man von sowas leider nichts mit... Eine Schande!

Malaika

Cat Offline

Columbia Bronze

15.07.2006 21:30
#38 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Es ist sehr, sehr traurig. Ich ring um Fassung!!!

Liebe Grüße Kathleen

marcusprost Offline

Reprise Silber

15.07.2006 21:38
#39 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Dito
------------------------------------

Thank you Frank....
Voice Of Our Time, A Voice For All Time
Francis Albert Sinatra 1915-1998

http://www.frank-sinatra.de

Miner Offline

Reprise Bronze

16.07.2006 07:49
#40 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Jetzt haben sie sich wieder.

Ich finde, nix tröstet besser als dieser Satz...

Andreas

alfred Offline

Il Presidente

17.07.2006 01:34
#41 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Einen Link zu einem besonders schönen Nachruf hat Alan für uns entdeckt:
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-miller16jul16,0,5688015.story?coll=la-home-obituaries

Gruß, Alfred
---
Einer der an die heilige Dreifaltigkeit des Show-Biz glaubt: Frank, Sammy und Dino
http://www.sinatra.info

alfred Offline

Il Presidente

17.07.2006 01:35
#42 RE: Bill Miller R.I.P. Zitat · Antworten

Den Link muss man leider kopieren, ist offenbar zu lang
Gruß, Alfred
---
Einer der an die heilige Dreifaltigkeit des Show-Biz glaubt: Frank, Sammy und Dino
http://www.sinatra.info

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3