Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 

Das deutschsprachige Frank-Sinatra-Forum

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 26 Antworten
und wurde 2.834 mal aufgerufen
 Frank-Sinatra-Forum
Seiten 1 | 2
marcusprost Offline

Reprise Silber

31.01.2003 23:42
#16 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Wie auch immer;)

Schönes Bild übrigens!

Marcus

ASturm Offline

Capitol Silber

31.01.2003 23:55
#17 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Ein Live-Orchester, eine Bühne und ein Mikrophon. Keine Tricks, kein Playback, kein Theater. Den meisten, die hingegangen sind, hats auch 1994 noch gefallen. Denen, die hingingen, weil sie erwarteten, Sinatra würde nicht wie 78 Jahre klingen, sondern wie 50 oder gar 30, kann man entgegenhalten

Genau das ist es.
Man müsste lachen wenn er sich mit 78 hinstellt und die 39 All or nothing at all gesungen wird und er den Mund auf und zu macht!

Also wie gesagt meine Meinung kennt ihr, die späteren Konzertjahre sind eben großartig!
--------------------------------
Magic, moments, When two hearts are carin’,
Magic, moments, Memories we’ve been sharin’ . . .
I’ll never forget the moment we kissed,
The night of the hayride,
These magic, moments, Filled with love!

ASturm Offline

Capitol Silber

31.01.2003 23:58
#18 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Zur "Last Performance": ein würdiger Abschluss, auch wenn der Schlusssong nun eben leider gerade NICHT stimmte....

Ich hab heut zu meinem Opa gemeint, wenn ich mal sterb will ich unbedingt "The best is yet to come" gespielt haben.

Dann hab ich das Sinatra Beispiel gebracht, da sagte er, naja als Christ jhat dieses Lied wirklich etwas ...
DAS BESTE KOMMT ERST NOCH!

Und besonders nach dem Tod seiner Mutter 1977 war er ja besonders danach ein gläubiger Christ, weil er nun mit dem Tod konfrontiert wurde.

purringcat Offline

Capitol Junior

01.02.2003 18:26
#19 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Bitte um Verzeihung.
Marcus

Ach macht ja nichts, mit einem guten G.W.Bush-Witz kannst Du das prima wieder wettmachen

Aber zu meiner Schande muss ich gestehen, dass ich mit "Softly as I leave you" falsch lag.
Hier ein m.E. recht interessanter Bericht vom 21.05.98 :
Text
Thursday May 21 8:51 AM EDT
ARCHERD: Laughter, tears at Sinatra funeral

By Army Archerd, Daily Variety Senior Columnist

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Applause shook the Good Shepherd Catholic Church as the funeral mass for Frank Sinatra went into its final act Wednesday.

Kirk Douglas, leading those speaking in remembrance, recalled in a light vein how he was "angry" when he first met Sinatra: Douglas' hot pastrami sandwich got cold as Kirk had to fight his way slowly through mobs of Sinatra fans around the theater.

In a tribute to Sinatra's wife -- of over 20 years -- Barbara, Kirk said, "Don't cry much, think of Frank up there with Dino and Sammy. Boy, heaven will never be the same!"

Barbara's (and Frank's adopted) son, Bobby Marx, also received applause for his tribute to Frank.

Tom Dreemen, who served as m.c., bringing up these friends, had opened for Sinatra for many years -- and told of the long nights with Frank, who insisted the rest of the entourage stay up with him, a feat impossible to achieve.

Gregory Peck said, "Frank made us feel good about ourselves."

He read Buzz Kohan's words on Sinatra's return from retirement -- at the age of 60! "He returned and remained the world's heavyweight champion - of song."

Again applause filled the church, where Tuesday night and earlier on Wednesday, it was nothing but prayer and solemnity. The laughs continued as George Schlatter recalled several hysterical travels with Frank -- one in particular to Hong Kong, where everything went wrong, but never Frank's doing. He closed with, "We'll be close to you from here to eternity."

Sinatra's son, Frank Jr., told how his dad was "an anomaly." And he recited the list of his anomalies: from difficult birth to megastardom. "He had the romantic mystery of Valentino, the appeal of James Dean, the sex appeal of Marilyn Monroe, and the adulation given to Elvis Presley. But Frank lived to a ripe old age -- and it wasn't because he took care of himself!"

Jr. recalled his dad getting a speeding ticket in front of that very church -- 40 years ago! He also recalled his father getting an NAACP award while, said Sinatra Jr., young black picketers outside that arena carried placards accusing him of racism. Never was Sinatra a racist. Frank Jr., noting the outpouring for his father, said, "Today everyone sang for him, and today he listened."

Jr. turned to the coffin at the foot of the altar, and recalled his father's words to Harry James at his funeral: "Thanks for everything. So long and take care of yourself."

And last to speak -- emotionally -- was Robert Wagner, who said of his friend, "What you saw is what you got -- loyalty."

Earlier, Jerry Weintraub, Sidney Poitier, Bob Newhart, Jerry Vale and Quincy Jones read briefly from the New and Old Testaments. Cardinal Roger Mahony conducted the Mass as he had led the Vigil on the previous night. He reminded all of Sinatra's gift of voice -- and how he used it. He urged all to use what gifts they have. As for Sinatra, the cardinal admitted, "I can think of no other musician in this century to match his talents -- and to inspire (other musicians) to excellence."

The church choir, which sang beautifully throughout the ceremony, brought audible sounds of crying when they finale'd with "May the Angels Lead You to Paradise." Everyone had, of course, hoped to hear Frank's voice one more time -- if only on record. And we were not to be disappointed, as The Voice gently filled the church and the hearts of all those there with "Put your dreams away (for another day)," an unforgettable moment.

The pallbearers: Tom Dreesen, Nathan Golden, Steve Lawrence, Robert Marx, Tony Oppedisano, Don Rickles, Frank Sinatra Jr. and Eliot Weisman led the mourners out of the church followed by the honorary pallbearers, participants in the services, and the Sinatra family, including first wife Nancy and ex-wife Mia Farrow. The casket was then taken to the hearse, bringing Frank to his final journey - to the grave in Cathedral City, next to his parents.

Earlier, as the service was to begin, a piano played songs like "All the Way," "Laura" and, of course, "My Way." There was no voice. The voice was stilled -- for now. But forever to be heard by old and new generations.

As Tony Bennett told me, "Frank advised, 'Don't ever do "cheap" songs.' It sustained me 45 years." Bennett, Sinatra's favorite singer, Thursday accepts the Sons of Italy Award for Frank in D.C., presented by President Clinton. When Bennett read elsewhere he was to sing "Ave Maria" at the funeral, he told me, "They gotta get Perry Como for that!!"

While Nancy Jr. and her daughters A.J. and Amanda delivered moving memories of Frank on Tuesday, Tina was unable to speak. And many of those on hand also found it difficult to speak leaving the church, having passed the casket and Frank for the last time.

Among those on hand were Jeanne Martin and Altovise Davis, widows of Dean and Sammy, alumni of the Rat Pack. Also on hand, nearby each other for the first time in years, Liza Minnelli and sister, Lorna Luft. Longtime friends Nicky Blair and Larry Manetti were also there, as was musician Al Viola, who told me he'd first played for Frank at the Steel Pier in '47.

There were representatives from every decade of Sinatra's career and, of course, Lew Wasserman. His press agents, who had the unenviable job of fending off reporters but who occassionally enjoyed the rare atmosphere surrounding Sinatra, were also there. They included Warren Cowan, Lee Solters, Jim Mahoney and Susan Reynolds. And attorneys, past and present, Mickey Rudin and Harvey Silbert.

Reuters/Variety ^REUTERS@

http://www.deutsche-sinatra-society.de

ASturm Offline

Capitol Silber

01.02.2003 19:20
#20 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Barbara's (and Frank's adopted) son, Bobby Marx

Das hab ich ja garnicht gewusst, das er jemand adoptiert hat.
Da ist mir aber eingefallen es war ja Babaras Sohn aus der Ehe mit einem der Marx Brothers oder?

Also wurde "All the way", "Laura" und "My Way" gespielt auf Klvier?

Wieso den Laura?

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

01.02.2003 19:23
#21 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Andi, Sinatra hat niemanden adoptiert. Die Bemerkung ist ein Fehler in dem Artikel.

Bernhard.

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998
THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER YOU

My Kind Of People!

akroniger Offline

Wizard of the Main Event

01.02.2003 19:25
#22 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Hallo Bernhard!

Danke - war mir auch neu und ich war schon am rumschauen .

Was ist jetzt? "Softly as I leave you" habe ich auch in Erinnerung.... Wer weiss mehr?

Beste Grüße

Andreas
------------------------------
"Who knows where the road will lead us - Only a fool would say"
Frank Sinatra - The Main Event
http://www.the-main-event.de
----------------------------------------

ASturm Offline

Capitol Silber

01.02.2003 19:27
#23 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Da währe ich aber auch verwundert gewesen.
Hat er ihn als Sohn "akzeptiert"? so vielelicht, aber der war ja dann auch über 18.
Also ist die Sache mit Babaras Sohn völlig falsch?

Nunja Frank und die Kinder das ist sowas ...
ich hab mal in einem Bericht gelesen, dass jemand darauf spekuliert hatte, das Liza Minelli seine Tichter währe sowas ...

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

01.02.2003 19:28
#24 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Es gab ja mehrere "Teile" der offiziellen Trauerfeiern, neben der eigentlichen Haupttrauerfeier (die in dem von Ulrich geposteten Artikel beschrieben wird) noch einen "Rosary-Service" und am Abend davor natürlich die Vigilien. Soweit ich das erinnere, wurde "Softly As I Leave You" bei den Vigilien gespielt.

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998

My Kind Of People!

purringcat Offline

Capitol Junior

01.02.2003 19:42
#25 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
"Softly as I leave you" habe ich auch in Erinnerung.... Wer weiss mehr?

Ich für meinen Teil hatte "Softly" fälschlicherweise in Erinnerung, da Nancy den Song neben dem ergreifenden "When I look in your eyes"-Video als Audiodatei auf ihrer Website nach Sinatras Tod auf der Eröffnungsseite hatte - das hat sich bei mir eingeprägt.
Grüße, Ulrich

ASturm Offline

Capitol Silber

01.02.2003 19:44
#26 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Gibt es auch Deutsche Berichte zur Trauerfeier?
Die Bild Zeitung wird sich ja in ihrer Berichterstattung nicht zurückgehalten haben.

Bernhard Offline

It's Sinatra's World

01.02.2003 19:59
#27 RE:The last performance und die Beerdigung Zitat · Antworten

Ja, die einschlägigen Magazine haben alle berichtet. Weiß noch, wie ich damals in München zum Hauptbahnhof gefahren bin um sie alle zu kaufen, und wie der Verkäufer mich beim Bezahlen so komisch angeschaut hat . Hab aber leider keinen Scanner.

Bernhard.

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA
12.12.1915 - 14.5.1998

My Kind Of People!

Seiten 1 | 2